The world leader in ice cream treats
Baskin-Robbins stores benefit from the uniqueness of the brand, the range of products, the proven business model and a lot of innovation. The company wants to bring prospective franchise owners on board as soon as possible and focus on opening stores, as it has done successfully all over the world.
A flexible design solution for every venue
THE EXPERIENCE STORE
- The evolution of the ice cream experience.
- Part ice cream indulgence and dessert theatre.
- Enjoy traditional ice cream, made-to-order desserts, hot espresso beverages and other products created by in-store pastry chefs.
- Target 1,500 sq ft.
THE NEIGHBOURHOOD STORE
- The favourite neighbourhood ice cream shop.
- Features the full range of Baskin-Robbins ice cream products for an eat in and take home experience.
- 500-1,200 sq ft.
- All the features of a traditional store but with a reduced flavour offer.
- Can include Soft Serve platform.
- Between 300-500 sq ft.
- Simplified, quick and convenient option for specialised non-traditional locations and store-in-store applications.
- Based on a Soft Serve only platform with 31O Below Mix-In treats, Cappuccino Blast and Fruit Blast beverages, optional cakes, grab-n-go ice cream and novelties.
- Minimum 150 sq ft.
Prem Gotru and Angrej Singh Brar, franchise owners, Cardiff
Prem first developed a taste for the Baskin-Robbins concept 13 years ago when he was involved in the brand’s successful expansion in Saudi Arabia. “The Baskin-Robbins ice cream parlour concept is fun and unique,” enthuses Prem. “I love the fact that there are 31 different flavours of ice cream, including fat free, sugar free and yogurt varieties available so there is something for everyone – even those on a diet!
“When I moved to Cardiff to focus on my other business, my business partner Angrej Singh Brar and I realised that there was a gap in the market for Baskin-Robbins. The potential market was huge – especially as a massive shopping mall had opened in the city centre. We already had a great location, which was suitable for a unique, fun brand so contacted the Baskin-Robbins head office to put forward our application, which was accepted.
“Opening an ice cream parlour in the middle of winter did not concern us, because Baskin-Robbins has developed a range of ice cream related products that enable the customers to enjoy their favourite Baskin-Robbins flavours throughout the year. We believe the range of grab-n-go tubs and ice cream celebration cakes will be a huge success because customers can select their favourite flavour or cake in store and then take them home to enjoy with their families and friends.
“We are excited about 2010 because it is our first year of trading and it is also Baskin-Robbins’ 65th anniversary. By the end of 2010 we aim to turnover £500,000 and plan to offer our products to local hotels and supermarkets to increase brand awareness and our customer base.”
America’s favourite neighbourhood ice cream shop
The Baskin-Robbins menu includes ice cream waffle cones, premium sundaes, ‘grab-n-go’ tubs, premium ice cream cakes, as well as a full range of frozen and ice cream beverages including blasts®, shakes and the exciting new range of soft serve ice creams.
Every store offers a minimum of 31 flavours (one for every day of the month) selected from the company’s library of over 1,000 recipes.
Baskin-Robbins is seeking franchise owners for single store and small network opportunities for each of its store concepts. Prospective franchise owners should ideally have experience in the food industry or of running their own customer focused business, but certainly an ambition to grow and develop their Baskin-Robbins business with the guidance of a world leading brand.