Scottish Franchise Week 2013 announced
Scottish Franchise Week will take place from the Monday, April 29 until Friday, May 3 2013. The British Franchise Association (bfa) believes this year’s franchise week has never looked brighter.
Scottish Franchise Week, now in its 10th year, aims to inform and educate the public and business community about the benefits of ethical franchising through a series of high profile events.
Franchising has a significant impact on the economy in Scotland with contributions of more than £800m and over 36,000 jobs generated according the bfa.
Brian Smart, Director General of the bfa commented: “Franchising is now firmly established in Scotland as a way for business to expand and for individuals to start their own businesses with support of a franchise organisation. The research shows that franchise businesses are six to seven times more likely to survive.”
2013 Scottish business breakfast is expected to attract more than 300 delegates from the Scottish business community is set to be the highlight of the week. Former Scotland rugby player Scott Hastings is the keynote speaker.
The timetable for the week is:
Monday, April 29:
- SFW launch and parliamentary reception
Tueday, April 30:
- Scottish golf day
Wednesday, May 1:
- Prospective franchisor seminar, Glasgow - Free of charge to Scotland residents
Thursday, May 2:
- Scottish business breakfast, Hilton Glasgow Hotel
- bfa specialist seminar: Effective franchise recruitment - Ensuring you find the right franchisee to be successful in your network
Friday, May 3:
- Prospective franchisee seminar, Glasgow - Free of charge to Scotland residents