Etam focuses on expansion in Europe
The retailer is developing its European network by offering international franchise opportunities to retail-focused entrepreneurs with local expertise. John Worthington reports
IBT Partners is proud to assist European leader in feminine fashion Etam to expand its franchise network in Greece and Turkey. With group sales topping 960 million euros last year, the group boasts 3,400 outlets spread over 40 countries, with some 16,000 employees. Etam operates three distinct but complementary brands:
• Etam Prêt-á-porter: the brand targets a young female audience who are looking for today's fashion at affordable prices. Etam is one of the top three brands in ready-to-wear French fashion.
• Etam Lingerie: The leader in France for lingerie, the brand is amongst the top three in Europe.
• 1.2.3: Created in 1983, this innovative brand proposes high quality fashion at affordable prices.
THE ETAM STORY
Created in 1916, Etam was first focused on lingerie but opened its first ready-to-wear stores in the 1960s. After several years of strong growth, the group was listed on the French Stock Exchange in 1997 to help prepare its international expansion. Today, Etam is an uncontested leader in female fashion-lingerie, ready-to-wear and accessories. After expanding its network throughout Europe, initially in lingerie and then in its full range of ready-to-wear, Etam opened stores throughout China where the group enjoys strong growth. The group has continued to develop its franchise network, recently opening new markets in South Africa, Algeria, Chili, Egypt and Ecuador. Today, Etam is seeking to expand its businesses in Greece and Turkey through awarding franchises. Etam franchisee profile:
• Excellent knowledge of the local market: previous experience in ready-to-wear retailing
• Physical presence in major cities
• Relevant professional background: experience in sales and marketing
• Solid financial resources
• Good level of English, French is a plus
• Real interest in joining the Etam group and developing its brands
• International outlook
FRANCHISE YOUR BRAND IN FRANCE
France is one of the most dynamic markets in Europe for franchising but entrepreneurs are seeking novelty. Make France your next development market. IBT Partners is there to help realise your French project.
IBT Partners services include:
• Market research: up-to-date and in-depth understanding of your industry.
• Master Franchisee search: search, profiling and award, access to databases.
• Franchisee search: search, profiling and award access to databases.
• Geographic location: France is geographically the largest European country, seven major conurbations and prosperous regions.
• Marketing, PR and communications: local and international franchise magazines, communications packages and roll-out.
• Logistics: distribution networks and hubs.
France boasts excellent infrastructure and choices for logistics.
• Training: development of French manuals, education and training support.
• Design and architecture: French requirements and coherent roll out of design.
• Accounting: including start-up costs and subsequent accounting support.
• Legal: specialists in franchising for both the franchisor and franchisee.
• Deontological: underpinning franchising in France is the French Code of Ethics, the Article l. 330-3 of the Code de Commerce (Loi Doubin) and the EC Exemption Rule of 1999.
• Banks: working relations to provide financing for the Master and the franchisee.