The ABC of Franchising
Based on many years of experience helping businesses to expand by franchising, FDS Southern provides a proven and effective system for guiding clients through a development programme based on three key phases
Phase A: On-site evaluation of client's business concept meeting objectives:
- Full appreciation of core/related business activities
- Securing data on the entire business method
- Securing relevant financial data
- Brainstorming ideas for possible franchise structure
- Understanding client aims plus management resources
- Securing data for a franchise development programme
- Key conclusions for successful franchising
- Key elements and itemised costs of franchise package
- Recommendation on licence fee to be charged
- Financial projections for franchise owner territories
- Critical assumptions underlying these projections
- Type of franchisor support structure needed
- Ongoing fee structure between franchisor and franchise owner
- SWOT Analysis on franchising the business
- Recommendations and ideal plan of action clearly identifying the best way to franchise the business
Phase B: Preparing the infrastructureThis second phase adheres to a work programme to produce the infrastructure for successful franchise development.
- Intellectual property rights protection
- Identifying support services
- The franchise package
- Preparing financial statements
- Fixing initial and ongoing fee structure
- Production of an attractive franchise prospectus
- Producing the franchise information memorandum
- Producing the franchise manual
- Producing the legal documentation
- Designing franchise owner training programme
- Finalising corporate image elements
- Strategy for franchise owner recruitment
- Procedure for handling franchise owner recruitment
- Credible and professional corporate image
- Clear and inviting franchise prospectus
- Legal agreement fair to both parties but leaving you in control
- Franchise manuals for the entire business
- Territories benefiting both franchisor and franchise owners
Phase C: Franchise owner recruitmentThis involves marketing a franchise to secure quality prospects to own and operate it. Consolidating the first phase of franchise owners is vital to laying the solid foundations for franchising success.
We would, therefore, stress the importance of allocating the franchise to parties of the right calibre rather than just those with the capital to invest. The key is helping you, the franchisor, to design eye-catching advertising that portrays the opportunity accurately and effectively to attract quality prospects.
Having generated enquiries, we then teach your management team how to invest time and patience in handling your enquiries correctly.
Our in-depth industry experience helps clients to avoid the common mistakes at every stage and move on steadily to enjoying the benefits of franchise development success.
Written by Gordon Patterson
Get in touch with FDS Southern:
Please complete the short form below to request more information from FDS Southern. This form will register your details with The Franchise Magazine. If you have already registered, just enter your details below and we will log you in.
Please note that we do not recommend or endorse any opportunity featured on this site and suggest that you seek independent financial advice before investing in any franchise or business opportunity.