TheFranchiseMagazine.net, part of Franchise Development Services Limited, is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. The following outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
Collection and Use of User Details
When you register at TheFranchiseMagazine.net, we collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address and capital investment is collected via our Reader Response From.
When you visit the site, we also collect web site usage information and information about your computer and internet connection, including your computer's IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you arrived at TheFranchiseMagazine.net via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
We use this information to:
- notify you of edition updates, news and features on TheFranchiseMagazine.net (if you opt in to receiving such information)
- notify you of promotions from TheFranchiseMagazine.net and from Franchise Development Services Limited (if you opt in to receiving such information)
- allow reputable third parties to send you information via us (again, if you opt in to receiving such information)
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our site is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- enable you to subscribe to the print version of the magazine (should you indicate your desire to do so)
- monitor the interest and effectiveness of franchisor profiles and calculate statistics with reference to the trends taking place in the franchise industry*
*The results of all such research and analysis will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal facts about individual customers.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete these cookies, any settings such as your stored username and password will be reset and you will need to log in again to use these features.
Unlike many sites, we have gone to great lengths to all you to use TheFranchiseMagazine.net even if you set your browser not to accept any cookies. However, certain features may not be available to you and you will have to log in again every time you visit.
TheFranchiseMagazine.net has appropriate measures in place to ensure that users' personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the Franchise Development Services Limited server environment.
Transfer of Personal Data Overseas
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing TheFranchiseMagazine.net and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. Our web servers and offices are based in the United Kingdom.
Changes to this statement