This year sees 17 finalists selected across five new categories, with the winners competing for the right to be crowned the UK’s overall 2013 Franchisee of the Year and take home £10,000 courtesy of HSBC.
Each category winner will receive £1,000 and a trophy, also from HSBC.
The selected finalists are as follows:Customer Service Franchisee Award: This award identifies excellence in customer service, looking at those who go above and beyond expectations, which not only drive new customer bases and retain valued clients, but also have a direct positive impact on the franchise.
- Manjit Singh, Driver Hire, Enfield
- Surjit and Balvinder Dhillon, O2, Solihull
- Nicholas Dee Shapland, ServiceMaster, Newbury
- Richard McConnell, The ZipYard, Altrincham
Female Franchisee of the Year Award:This award is for the UK’s most accomplished female franchisees that have been recognised for their drive and commitment to achieving fantastic results through best business practice and passion for their brand.
- Shweta Jhaiharia, ActionCoach, London
- Janis Anderson, Caremark, Aylesbury
- Cherry Lewis-Taylor, McDonald’s, Braintree
- Alex Scotchbrook, Tutor Doctor, Surrey
Long-Serving Franchisee Award:Franchisees who have been operating their business for 10 years or more are eligible for this award which recognises an individual’s successes and achievements, both personally and for the wider franchising network.
- Sigurd Wilberg, Domino’s, Wiltshire
- Christopher and Andy Simpson, Fastsigns, Leeds
- Vince Dalaimo & Debbie Corbett, TaxAssist Accountants, London
- Martin Rolfe, Card Connection, Norwich
Micro-Business of the Year Award:This award is for mobile and home-based businesses run by a single operator or a couple, with no more than one part-time employee. It showcases the attainments and successes of the smaller franchise operations.
- Ron and Shirley Maynard, Card Connection, Abingdon
- Jim Marsh, Dairy Crest, Haywards Heath
Young Franchisee of the Year Award: This category is for franchisees aged 30 and under. It celebrates the triumphs and enterprising nature of the nation’s successful young talent.
- Dene Cummings, Autosmart, West Sussex
- Steven Prime, Esquires, Coventry
- Daniel Wade, WPA, Uckfield
The winners to be announced at the ICC in Birmingham, on October 3 2013, during ceremony celebrating their outstanding achievements. Brian Smart, Director General of the bfa said: “Every year we are excited by the quality of entrants for the bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards and this year is no exception. These finalists are from a range of sectors, championing their expertise and successes in many aspects of franchising. They have shown extraordinary levels of entrepreneurialism, commitment and drive which we were thrilled to hear about and which made this year’s selection process very challenging.”Cathryn Hayes, head of franchising for HSBC said: “This year’s finalists are exceptional, demonstrating how fantastic business success can develop from aligning their passion and enthusiasm with the support franchising brings. At HSBC we work with some of the UK’s most outstanding franchises to support their appetite for success and it is always a pleasure to see the wide variety of businesses in these awards. Our finalists this year are great role models and I am looking forward to hearing more about their stories when they appear before the judging panel.”
Published: 30 July 2013
Back to news