More than 100 members of the UK franchise community turned out to watch the winners of the 2014 NatWest EWIF Awards accept their awards at the Bishopsgate (RBS House) in London in May. The theme of this year’s event was ‘Encouragement’.
Co-Chairwoman of EWIF, Louise Bruce, said: “As ever, a wonderful day, positive in both theme and spirit. Every year our judges struggle to choose between the worthy entrants who make it through to the finals and this year was no different.”
One of the biggest coups for the Awards was the A-list of sponsors it gained to add weight to what is undoubtedly an impressive organisation growing in stature. Sponsors; McDonald’s, Merry Maids, NatWest, NomasVello, Bartercard, Coconut Creatives and The Franchise Show were all in attendance at the event held on Thursday June 22.
Head of Franchising at Owen White Solicitors, Jane Masih, was the recipient of the ‘Outstanding Contribution to Franchising’ thanks to her tireless commitment to the industry. Clair Slingo of dog boarding franchise, Wagging Tails won the Bartercard Franchisee of the Year Award, while her franchisor, Lisa Suswain took the Coconut Creatives Woman Franchisor of the Year Award, also for Wagging Tails. See below for a full list of winners.
EWIF is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to encourage women to buy a franchise business, to franchise their existing business or to help existing franchise operations to attract more female franchisees. The organisation’s regular meetings across the country are extremely well attended.
EWIF Co-Chairwoman, Louise Harris, added: “It’s great to know we have honoured some of the best in the industry, both upcoming and established women in franchising. We hope it will inspire women everywhere to take a closer look at franchising an as option, either buying into one of the many women friendly businesses available or franchising their own business.”
Graeme Jones, Head of Franchising at NatWest concluded: “Franchising has proven itself once again to be a great way to get into business. EWIF provide a tremendous source of support and we are delighted to celebrate these awards.”
- Bartercard ‘Woman Franchisee of the Year’ – Clair Slingo, Wagging Tails Guildford
- NomasVello ‘New Woman Franchisee of the Year’ – Hayley Simpson, Tatty Bumpkin Bedford
- Coconut Creatives ‘Woman Franchisor of the Year’ – Lisa Suswain, Wagging Tails
- McDonald’s ‘New Woman Franchisor of the Year’ – Vicky Matthews and Caroline Gowing, Pink Spaghetti
- The Franchise Show ‘Woman Franchisor Employee of the Year’ – Hannah Banfield, ServiceMaster
- Merry Maids ‘Woman Service Provider of the Year’ – Sally Anne Butters, Coconut Media
- NatWest ‘Outstanding Contribution’ – Jane Masih, Owen White Solicitors
Published: 23 May 2014
Back to news