Be part of this massive industry.
Be part of one of the fastest-growing companies and be your own boss!
Fonehouse is an independent mobile phone retailer, established in 1994, with a huge online presence and it's growing its retail estate to match! This is your opportunity to get into this fast-paced and exciting sector.
We offer a wide range of mobile phones and related products & services across leading mobile networks, device manufacturers and accessory suppliers.
We first franchised in 2008 and now have stores throughout the UK. Our target locations are city suburbs and market towns where we can service local communities and support our franchisees in building long term profitable businesses.
Fonehouse franchise earning opportunities are endless within retail, B2B and the mobile services arena. Our product offering covers all key areas that your business will need, transactional sales such as accessories and pay-as-you-go solutions to service led revenue streams such as repairs and device set up/data transfer.
The market continues to develop and evolve in-line with new technologies and network developments. We adapt and change with it always ensuring that a local mobile specialist is relevant on the high street.
Keep your customers connected, keep their deals updated
Keep your customers connected to their communities across a variety of major networks, such as EE, Vodafone, and Three. You will see a diverse customer base walk through the Fonehouse doors, they may desire the latest smartphone with a high data package or perhaps an overseas customer will require a pay as you go deal. Whoever the visitor, your customers will walk out of your shop with a smile on their face.
The other products & services
Not only will you be able to offer your customers competitive deals on mobile airtime, you will be able to provide that little bit more with data transfer, digital TV, home broadband, accessories and mobile repairs.
Be your high street's ‘local mobile specialist’
Your store will be known within the community for the continuous service you offer and will potentially become a regular place for generations to rely on. You will attract customers through recommendations once their expectations have been exceeded by the level of service you have offered, as well as the swift growth of Fonehouse’s online presence.
What can you achieve? - Be your own boss
Be part of your local community, by providing the following services:
- Consumer mobile airtime
- Mobile accessories
- 'Pre-loved' mobile phones
- Digital TV & Broadband
- Business Connections (B2B)
- Work with industry-leading brands
- Get payback from your investment within 2 years, whilst earning a wage
- Build up income of over £100k per store
A new franchisee will demonstrate:
- First-class customer service, every customer should walk away happy
- Self-motivation, to achieve success
- Business acumen, reflected in an agreed business plan and through ongoing engagement
- Finance, the level of funds or funding required to deliver the plan
- Experience, of running a business or demonstrate that they have the right team in place
- Ownership, of the product range
- Ambition, to grow with the brand and make money
- Determination, to succeed
Leading the shop floor, you or your store manager will have:
- Commercial awareness, the ability to build bespoke deals for your customers
- People skills, have management knowledge and the ability to lead
- Good communication skills, be approachable and confident
- Experience, Telecoms, retail or relevant
- Great empathy skills, will need to be able to deal with daily troubleshooting effectively
The right location will:
- Have a good level of footfall
- Be located where there is enough consumer demand
- Be in a town/high street that is agreed and approved
- Be available at a cost to support the pre-determined business plan
You won't be on your own - you will receive the following support
- Site vetting
- Business plan review based on proven business model
- Project management & support of shop fit
- Sales skills evaluation
- Recruitment plan
- Operator training
- Shop floor training
- Local marketing launch plan
- Store launch mentor
- Account management & partner support
- On-going training
- Compliance visits, guidance and support
- Business development action plan
- Marketing design support for your localised campaigns
- Centralised customer services
- Bespoke in-house EPOS system
- Online ordering and auto-replenishment
- Network consumer credit vetting
- 3rd party credit check facilities
- Franchisee portal
MyFonehouse is our own in-house Retail EPOS solution. This unique software package is the backbone of your retail operation. From recording sales to reconciling stock and from running staff rotas and the daily store schedule to monitoring KPI’s and compliance, MyFonehouse is an end-to-end bespoke software package to run your retail business.
- Stock ordering and management
- Commission reconciliation
- Record all retail transactions
- League tables and KPI tracking
- Retail intranet
- And much more...
Breaking down the cost
Fonehouse Franchisees are usually self-funded and rarely seek bank loans. If you approach your bank with a sound business plan and solid creditworthiness, you may be able to loan up to 50% from most lenders subject to their normal lending criteria. We are more than happy to support you with this process.
- Opening stock
- Lease costs
- Day to day operating*
- Stock retention (£5,000)
- Estimate: £20,000 - £40,000
- Store fitting
- Estimate: £10,000 - £20,000
Franchise Licence Fee
- One-off licence fee
- Franchise training
- Set-up and support
Please note that The Franchise Magazine does not recommend or endorse any opportunity featured on this site and suggests that you seek indepent financial advice before investing in any franchise or business opportunity.
Back to Showcase list