87% of our franchisees didn't have a property background
Instead, we pride ourselves on finding the best people, training them thoroughly, setting them up meticulously and supporting them wholeheartedly.
Each new franchisee undergoes an initial six-week training programme covering all the aspects the business. Ongoing training then ensures that all our franchisees not only comply with industry regulations and operate their businesses efficiently but can find and drive additional revenue sources. Depending on the course, training is delivered through a combination of webinars, online courses and face-to-face sessions at either our Bolton or Fareham training centres.
Setting up a new business can be a daunting task but we support our franchisees every step of the way. This includes helping to do everything from mystery shopping local competitors, finding office premises, recruiting staff to providing branded coffee mugs and branded pens.
Here at Northwood we truly believe in the power of a network. That’s why we have a national marketing budget to drive leads, regional meetings every six months and the Northwood network intranet— created to share the experiences and advice of the other 350+ people who are part of the collective Northwood team.
So if you are a person who is willing to be hands-on in running a demanding customer-orientated business then we would love to talk to you because whilst attitude and acumen is essential, experience is not.
The secret to our success — Guaranteed Rent
The Guaranteed Rent service involves paying the landlord a fixed monthly rent that is lower than the full market rate but removes all the risk and hassle of letting. The property is then sub-let to tenants at the full market rate and the difference between the two is our margin.
- A recession-proof and growing lettings market
- Guaranteed Rent is a unique selling point
- Three franchises in one: lettings, estate agency and insurance
- Industry recognised training both initially and on-going for all staff
- A national network of over 80 high street offices
- A nationally advertised brand
The investment of £39,950 + VAT includes:
- Full office set-up, equipment and upfront feasibility study
- Fully integrated software and IT support
- Five-year renewable licence
- Large exclusive franchise territory
- Unlimited infield support from experienced operational directors
- Access to comprehensive marketing, legal, IT and accounting resource