Looking forward to future expansion
Having just expanded his thriving business for the second time in three years to keep up with growing demand for his SMART (Small and Medium Area Repair Technology) repair services, ChipsAway franchisee Richard Wallbank speaks to Megan Dunmore
Richard Wallbank launched his ChipsAway franchise in April 2004 and quickly gained a reputation for excellent quality car paintwork repairs and outstanding customer service at great prices. Soon he found himself unable to cope with the rising level of work and in 2006 expanded to put a second fully equipped mobile workshop on the road. His latest move brings his franchise up to a three vehicle operation and he still works all hours.
'I'm very focused on working as hard as possible because I want to continue to build my business,' he says. 'My philosophy is that if the work is there, I might as well cover it. After all, I still get a great buzz from what I do and I'm also looking to the future.'
Unlike many of his fellow franchisees, Richard has not indulged in buying a prestige car or a holiday home, although he is the first to admit that his lifestyle is more than comfortable. Rather, his aim is to build a substantial nest-egg for his eventual retirement. 'We had a family printing business, which never really made money and so my parents had to work well beyond retirement age and were constantly worried about making ends meet. I'm determined not to be in that situation and that's why I invested in a ChipsAway franchise. Far from asking myself 'can I afford it?', I want to be in a position of considering whether to buy a first class rather than a second class ticket!'
Before investing in his franchise Richard (pictured with a customer) attended one of ChipsAway's informal Open Days, held at the company's head office in the Midlands. 'The operation was highly professional and very transparent,' he recalls. 'I was impressed by their 'warts and all' approach and strong commitment to the franchise network. My training and launch were well organised and professionally delivered, and the management team has been incredibly supportive every step of the way.'
From the outset, Richard could see the potential for the business and recognised that with hard work a ChipsAway franchise could provide the excellent living and long-term security he sought. 'The financial possibilities are vast,' he confirms. 'When I launched my business, it seemed few had heard of ChipsAway, but as soon as people hear about it - and particularly when they see the fantastic quality of the work - they become your best advertisement. For so many their car is their pride and joy, when you've repaired their damaged 'baby' they're incredibly grateful, you become their 'best friend' and they can't wait to spread the word among family and friends!'
He maintains that the job isn't difficult once you're trained, and if you run into problems there's always a technician - or one of the Business Developer franchisees - on the end of a phone. 'You don't have to run yourself ragged to make good money, although you have to be prepared to work hard. It's definitely worthwhile in terms of the financial rewards and there's nothing more satisfying than a job well done and an ever growing number of delighted customers!'
ChipsAway is one of the most successful franchises in the UK with over 370 franchisees operating nationwide and a network of Master Franchises overseas. Using unique patented technology, developed in the USA and introduced to this country in the mid 1990s, ChipsAway has remained the dominant force in 'on-the-spot' SMART (Small & Medium Area Repair Technology) repairs. The ChipsAway system effectively repairs scratches, bumps and scuffs to car paintwork on a same day basis, usually at a fraction of the price of a traditional body shop repair. With over 33 million cars on the road in the UK alone, franchisees enjoy massive and rapidly growing market demand.
Fantastic first year turnover £60,000*
- you have made money from day one following your intensive Training Course and successful launch
- you are operating from your own personalised, fully equipped and stocked mobile workshop
- you are benefiting from the ChipsAway Franchise Support Team monitoring you 24/7
- you are profiting from the assistance of a ChipsAway Business Developer (an option available to you)
- you are improving your skill and watching your business grow from strength to strength
- you are seeing a return on your investment within the first three months
Unbelievable second year turnover £85,000*
- your confidence and knowledge with the exclusive ChipsAway SMART repair systems is increasing
- the rewards for your hard work as a ChipsAway Franchisee are unlimited
- depending on your ambition you can expand from a single mobile operator to a multi-location business
- your earnings and lifestyle are in your direct control and you are loving every minute!
- you are experiencing tremendous job satisfaction coupled with the fantastic returns that come from a successful business
Sensational third year turnover £120,000*
Fast cars, fabulous holidays and your dream lifestyle, the ChipsAway franchise can offer all this and more - just ask ChipsAway franchisee Jamie Simmons!
We can provide a business opportunity that will generate a great living, right from the start, as well as the satisfaction of delivering a superb service.
- In fact, our franchise is built around satisfaction. We satisfy an increasing demand for our automotive paintwork repair services in a rapidly growing marketplace and our customers are always delighted with our high quality repairs and convenient, low cost service.
ChipsAway International is the world's leading SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair specialist, providing perfect repairs to car paintwork on a same-day basis and at around half the price of a traditional body shop.
A lot can happen when you buy a ChipsAway franchise!
*based on existing individual ChipsAway franchisees